Sunday, April 25, 2010

Easier to move a mountain than me?

I'm in an interesting place today. I'm waffling back and forth; not sure what is meant to be and am very introspective right now and I'm not sure how this is going to mesh.

"'our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.'" Matthew 6:9-10

I don't think I hallow Our Father in heaven enough.
Too many times I think I have an idea of what God's will is for my life and impose my agenda for his kingdom. Right now, for once, I think I'm really open to figuring out what God's will is for my life and have no clear direction for what his will is.  I think.

In John 5:1-5 Jesus was by the pool of Bethesda and spoke to the man who was paralyzed for 38 years.
Jesus didn't help him into the water but made him well. Is that what God is asking me at this time; to heal me in a different way? To call me in a different path? To change me? Do I really want to be whole?

This morning in church we were listening to this song and I thought is it harder for God to move the mountain than me? We are always saying Steven gets his hard headedness honestly, but this past week I've started realizing just how honestly.  I really don't like change, but feel that is what God is calling me to. I keep trying to figure out every possible exception to this calling, but alas I keep coming back to change occuring and I'm just going to have to wait, search, and see what this change is to be. So really, would God have less resistance to move a mountain?

No comments:

Post a Comment