Monday, April 12, 2010

My Horrible Day!!!

On Monday afternoon this past week I realized that it was spring break and I needed to find somewhere for Steven on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon since MMO would be closed. My friend Lisa said that she would keep Steven on Tuesday morning and took him to the park.

He had his first playground experience and First Kid's Meal (at Chik-Fil-A). He thoroughly enjoyed himself and was quite wore out when he got home.

So, I called my mom and she could keep Steven Thursday. We decided that on Wednesday I would work from 8-4, then go to West Point, see my brother play soccer, spend the night and leave Steven there for the next day (we haven't let him spend the night off yet) and she would meet me halfway after work. Well most of it worked, but the parts that didn't really didn't work.

My brother played an awesome game and while he ususally is a goalie, they put him in the field and he was awesome. It totally changed the dynamic of the game and they ended up winning 5-0. My brother is one of the most gentle compassionate guys, but the other team decided that he would be who they were aggressive towards. He even got head butted in the chest after he had passed the ball; the referree said he didn't want to give the guy a card because it was less than five minutes left in the game or something like that. It only left Gabe icing his chest that night due to the soreness. It was a great game and I'm glad that I was there to watch it.

That evening my left eye starting bothering me, but I chalked it up to allergies. The next morning it was extremely red and hurting and since I didn't have glasses with me I just took that contact out and drove up to work with one eye. It watered almost constantly on my way up to the office and I looked pretty rough when I got there. Chad dropped my glasses off so then I could see because by this point I was nauseous and had a headache. Chad thought it might just be pink eye, so I made an appointment with the PCP and thought it would be a quick trip. I left work after two hours and forwarded the phones to my cell phone. I waited in the doctor's office for another two hours to see the doctor. He looked at my eye and did some tests. He decided I had to see an opthamologist that day to rule out anything severe as it wasn't pink eye. They couldn't get me in to see an opthamologist, so I just went to my optometrist's office and they said they could see me. I waited another two hours before I could see him. My eye was barely able to open, was answering the phones for the office and trying to coordinate how I would get Steven from West Point that evening as it was now looking it would be. After finally seeing the doctor and he diagnosing it as a bacterial infection from wearing my contacts too long (i.e. this could all have been prevented), it was 5:00 and I was off to fill a prescription and meet my mom to get Steven. Or so I thought. He had just gone down for a nap and when he got up would need dinner. So, the earliest I could meet them would be 7:00. If we did that I would get home and need to put him to bed, which means he would probably have a misreable car ride with me because he would be needing some mommy time. Oh, and I still hadn't had anything to eat since 7:30 that morning.



So, I decided I would drive all the way back to my parents, play with Steven until he was ready for bed and then put him to bed in the car and drive home. So this would be 5 hours in the doctor's office, 4 hours in the car, with my eye still hurting and tired and I really just wanted to go to bed. (Chad was working late on a case, so he wasn't available to help and we would get home around 10:00.

On the way back home with Steven, I stopped to get gas and the pump wouldn't work. I was at the point that I was so frustrated I just left and hoped that I could make it home. And I did, but not without the gas light flickering for the last half hour. I'm just glad the week is over and we're back to "normal" childcare this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment