Monday, April 12, 2010

My "Meet the Fockers" Movie Moment

I love Ben Stiller and enjoy his Meet the Parents and sequel Meet the Fockers .  A little absurd with how everything goes wrong.  One of my favorite characters in Meet the Fockers is little Jack, Jack; especially since Steven has been around. It reminds me of how it can be tempting to get a little over kill with our ideas. 

My background: One of my extreme things is with breastfeeding. I should explain, because I'm not talking about wanting to forever and a day. When I was little I had a friend who breastfed until she was about five years old. She lived next door and I remember running home crying because she didn't want to play with me any more; she wanted "num, num."  Steven's almost 13 months and I'm down to feeding him once a day, first thing in the morning. It's been our precious time and I have been almost ashamed that I'm still breastfeeding. It's been a great time of just cuddling and in a selfish way getting a few more moments of rest.

The movie background: Jack has a sign for breastfeeding that is he holds both hands out and squeezes them like he's milking a cow. There's one scene where Ben Stiller's housekeeper from when he was a little boy who is "well endowed' and showing it off. Jack looks at her and starts the milking a cow thing. 

The Moment: Saturday we were doing pictures at the Hills and Dales and my family was there.  Steven was getting hungry, put both hands down my shirt and started saying "good! good!" (which is what he says when he sees food he wants). It totally cracked me, my sister Brei and mom up.  He's so funny these days, but I think this is the funniest thing he could ever do. Although I'm sure there will be more.

The conclusion: We're done with the breastfeeding.  It was at that moment that I lost all desire to continue breastfeeding. It's beenn two days and Steven hasn't cared one bit. 

He's the greatest thing, we love him and he loves us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment