Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"No Chubbies"

So I was watching Dr. Phil again this afternoon and it was on the "Ultimate Fat Debate." Dr. Phil chose some real characters, of course, but Erica Mitchell equated one of the panelists, MeMe Roth,  with a member of the KKK because she thinks obese people should have to buy an extra airplane seat.

Then there was Michael Karolchyk is the founder of the Anti-Gym and said his slogan"No Chubbies" is a person who is lazy, makes excuses and doesn't accept accountability. He said people who can't handle his program, you can't handle the truth.  People who can't handle his program are called heretics within Anti-Gym.  "I don't want fat people to invade my space." He was quite obnoxious and rude! 

I was pleasantly surprise with where Kelly Osbourne has seemed to come in her life.  She really seems to have it together.

I think that it is undeniable that our country is becoming more and more obese and I wonder why sometimes.  I feel busy with just one child and he isn't involved in many activities, so we have dinner most nights at home. It takes a lot of time and thought and intention to make sure that we have a healthy meal on the table.  It's really a battle to fight instead of something so easy to do.  So on Sunday I joined Weight Watchers Online to help me lose the lingering weight since having Steven over a year ago. It is challenging for me to not just eat when I'm bored or not being "busy". The biggest example of this is my junior year of high school I gained 25 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks while being a nanny in Mexico. We travelled all over and would eat at churches and we all know that means good food. According to Weight Watchers I'm at the top of my health weight range for my height, which I can actually say I can agree with, but I'd really like to lose that last bit of weight.  Maybe if I start being disciplined in this area now, I won't have to worry about waking up one morning and finding myself morbidly obese.

1 comment: