Sunday, June 27, 2010

Celebration of life

Tomorrow is a day I usually love; the day we celebrate me coming into the world.  I've been hesitant about it all year, but then Chad asked me what I wanted to do for it this weekend, where did I want to go eat, etc. (My present, my new camera, was bought prior to our vacation so no present this week) I was shocked that tomorrow is finally here. You see, I'll be 29. The last year in my twenties. Two weeks ago I got highlights to help "blend' the gray hairs. I've started thinking older too. I've always been responsible, but there's things of which I can't remember right now (another symptom? Haha j/k) that just sound old!

I also have mixed feelings about my weight loss.  I didn't reach my goal as I had planned by tomorrow. However, I am in the size clothes that I had anticipated being in at this time.  I'm 1 1/2 pounds above the top of my acceptable weight range; 6 1/2 pounds away from my WW goals; and 11 1/2 pounds away from my "dream" weight.  I have lost 15 pounds since March 27th of which I'm proud, just disappointed I didn't make the other. 

Today at church we were discussing "wandering" in our Christian lives, which then went on to talking about talking about Christ/Christianity at work and how would you do it without being at a Christian workplace.  As I was sitting there, I realized I don't talk about Christ, my walk with the Lord, etc with those in our extended family. Saturday I had a conversation with some family members, which could have very appropriately surrounded about my walk, but didn't. So tonight we were at the in-laws and I stated something and my brother-in-law asked me if I felt that was God's leading for my life. Now he has at minimal stopped wandering recently and I was really taken aback by it, but of course I answered and talked a bit about it. After dinner I felt I had gathered my thoughts better and talked with his soon-to-be-wife (six days) in depth about my decisions and my walk and how that all tied together.  So I "passed" my first test! HAHA!, but seriously it is something to think about. 
Also along these lines I began thinking about the atheist. Back to church this morning. I thought about maybe his talking and trying to push me may be him seeking, searching, wanting more of a life with God, but just doesn't know it. So, I'm going to try and not be silent and passive this week with him. I'm going to speak up when he starts on the bizarre things with religion.  If it becomes a problem, then I'll deal with it, but I'm definitely not going to be accused of shying away. 

I am SO thankful to have my supportive extended family a part of my life; my absolutely adorable son; and my incredible, studly and godly husband in my life!

So, maybe I'll start this 29th year of life on a more positive note. Things are happening with the McDonalds and more will be shared later. Bottom line: God's working A LOT! and pushing us A LOT! So much I'm reserved and almost speechless about it at times :) !!!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE you so much and am SO proud of you!! love being your little sister! happy BIRTHDAY!! you have never been more beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete