Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ten Things I know about my job

Ten Things about my job:


1. I know when most clients want follow-up appointments.

2. I know by the week of the month who’s coming in for therapy (for the most part).

3. I know most client’s by voice over the phone before they identify themselves; even when they don’t come in frequently.

4. I know some clients’ phone numbers by memory and don’t know my husband’s cell phone.

5. I typically know everyone’s copay

6. I typically know what the balance of everyone’s account.

7. I know what my boss is most likely going to ask me to do before he asks it.

8. I know what’s coming next in dictation files before it plays.

9. I can tell what my boss is doing in his office (dictating, therapy, personal call, personal “intense” call, etc) by the voice intonations coming through the wall. During his divorce, I even knew who he was talking to on the phone by the vocal intonations.

10. Although I have no clinical experience or training, clinicians ask my clinical opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment