Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Meal Planning and Grocery Shopping

So in my quest to make the most of our money and my time and energy, I've created approximately five weeks of menus and hoping to have six total .  I make approximately four meals a week and with leftovers and maybe throw in an impromptu meal, we're set. My "rule" is to have one or two crock pot recipes for our long days when we need to just come in from the day and eat.

I've done menus before, but not to this extent. The difference with these menus is that I have compiled all the menus and created a GROCERY LIST to go with it.  So all I have to do is print off the grocery list section and add the "essentials" of milk, bread, sandwich meat, etc. It really has made the weekly grocery store trip and the day to day food prep much easier. 

This week Chad asked for Chicken Parm, his quintessential choice at any italian restaurant. As a rule, I try my darndest to make what he asks; not because he's the husband, but because he is always easy to please and hardly ever asks for anything special.  I've always made a recipe from a friend, but couldn't find it so I went on Food Network and found one and of course modified it a little.  I didn't particularly enjoy the sauce (easily fixed b/c I have a better sauce) but the chicken was to die for.  I've NEVER been able to do chicken like that, so I'm attaching a link to the modified recipe wit

No comments:

Post a Comment