Tuesday, March 23, 2010

He's the cutest thing ever, but this creeped me out a little.

So today Steven was at the office with me this morning. I was working and he was playing and interupting me working. I know Steven is the cutest thing ever and EVERYONE should want to talk about him, play with him and dote over him. We had an individual who was waiting to be seen for social security disability and to give him credit he wasn't the typical gross "social security" we typically have However, he was still a stranger and he asked if he could watch Steven for me so I could get work done. Maybe it's because of  this story or the fact of recent news of an individual who would have great potential but it has come out that he has molested children after being a victim himself by a former trusted someone, or any of the other stories I've heard, but it creeped me out.  Recently a friend and I were talking about how important it is to have childcare givers that are trusted; a part of that is whether the person pursues your child to be weary of it, so today when approached by a random person to watch my son it made me quite uneasy. I politely declined of course and went on about work. It was probably nothing, but was a reminder that you must always be vigilant when you are in public to protect and be aware of those around.

No comments:

Post a Comment