Wednesday, March 3, 2010

.. and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

I judge people; judge them a lot. It’s not something I’m proud of or realize I’m doing, etc, etc. Then on Sunday I saw it before even the scripture was fully read at the beginning of the sermon…I don’t think I’ve ever seen that part of the verse before..and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Wow!!

I can say I’m just making observations; it’s just how I feel. Oh, the excuses I make to justify it and then most of the time I honestly don’t realize I’m doing it. Now that’s just another excuse, but I think it’s the truth about the matter. It’s easy for me for whatever reason to be judgmental. And sometimes I’m really brutal towards others. I’ll forget there is anything positive about the person or situation. And that’s how it will be measure to me. Gulp!! So, I'm trying to stop and I guess it's selfish, but it cut me to the quick.  For the three/four days since seeing that and hearing the sermon I’ve tried really how not to judge. But it’s hard. But I'm still trying. Change begins with me; but it has to be God doing the change in me.



Don’t judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Mt 7: 1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment