Saturday, April 2, 2011

There is no condemnation.....

Recently I heard a sermon on Romans 8, therefore there is no condemnation ......I think I fall short many times not really living out sharing the no condemnation.  I don't like to think that someone, for the most part, would be condemned, but I'm not sure that I live my life thinking that if I don't share Jesus that person may be condemned. 

On this particular Sunday, I was coming into the service late having led worship for the preschoolers. In the hallway I spoke with two individuals who were talking about a young boy who had "caused a stir" in the service.  He was walking around the sanctuary during worship and finally someone took him to talk with him.  He had said it was his birthday and his friend at church told him he would give him $5.  I knew exactly who the kid was.  It was Shemar.  Shemar has shown up at church a few times the first being Christmas Eve.  I've seen him on a couple of occasions.  He walks from his apartment a few miles away.  He's in his early teens, not well dressed and I think would be classified as "special education."  When he came back in he sat up front with a direct view of the minister.  The sermon was Romans 8....don't wait to show no condemnation to others.  After the service as I was getting into my car here comes the minister with his two daughters and Shemar.  He was giving Shemar a ride home.  And I think in that moment Shemar was shown what not being condemned would maybe feel like.  Now I may be romanticising this a bit, but I hope and pray that he at least feels that our church is a place where he can experience Jesus' love. 

I keep thinking what's a way I can show no condemnation to someone who crosses my path.  I'm not sure what the answer is and then I get really busy with life and forget to even think about it.  I think the business is the problem for me.  Why do I not stop to actually think through the eternal matters? Why do I get more caught up with getting through the day to day? Where we're going to move? What and if a children's ministry job will come my way? And I think that's the problem. I get too focused on the earthly things and anything can no matter how Christian it may be.  However I hope that nothing eternal will become earthly. I hope that the bigger kingdom perspective will matter.  Sometimes I'm not too sure how that will look, but I'm hoping I can figure it out a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment