Saturday, July 24, 2010

Following in his Daddy's footsteps

Over the past few weeks Steven has been noticing when Chad is not here; like on mornings when Chad's working and he leaves before Steven is awake.  Steven and I usually cuddle in my bed and read books (the first reading session of many for the day).  The other morning I had my leg under the covers on Chad's side of the bed and when I moved my leg Steven dove for it saying "Daddy, Daddy!"

He also stands at our picture window looking for Daddy in the evenings. This is one of his favorite places to be and every car that drives by is "Daddy" until he realizes Daddy's car and he gets this ear to ear grin on his face, runs to the front door and tries to open it.  (He's also eating an apple in this picture while he waits)


While Chad is getting out of his "gear" Steven will run from room to room chatting away to Daddy.

He's also started copying Chad. Chad's been working out and Steven likes to lift weights and do pushups along with him.
  We had a little mishap in this video


This one was a "success" and how approrpiate for him to be wearing his "Daddy's Little Helper" Shirt




And when Daddy left the room, Steven decided to use the real weights
I'm so thankful for Steven to be following in his Daddy's footsteps, because I couldn't pick a better person's footsteps for him to follow.

1 comment: