Sunday, May 1, 2011

The new dog

I've struggled and still feel the loss of our Stout. The feeling of guilt has been perpetuated because I had already been thinking of getting another dog for Steven's birthday, but didn't want to have three dogs.  Well, the feeling has been intensified because we did get another dog just a week after we lost Stout.  We feel like he kinda crashed in.

On March 18, Chad received a call to a scene where a car had crashed into a fence.  That afternoon he had to go back to the fence owner's residence so that he could talk about the damaged fence.  While there he saw several dogs and one looked exactly like Stout.  Somehow the conversation then led to Stout.  The man then said that one of the dogs was a foster dog for the humane society.  So then I got a call from Chad about the dog....well, I just couldn't say no. 




We "tried" him out for the weekend and were set.




Gustav, who had not been eating well, quickly perked up and the first night the new dog was home we didn't even really get a chance to play with him for Gustav playing so hard with him.




He's a black lab, possibly mixed with something but we're not sure what.  We name the new dog, Crash and he has quickly become part of the family.  These days if you ask Steven about Stout, or if you're me and say Stout instead of one of the other dog's name, he quickly will tell you Stout's at Jesus.  I kind of like that he say sat instead of with because I do hope that when we go to heaven we are at Jesus' feet basking in his glory. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad y'all got another dog. But I know you still miss Stout. The new one is precious and glad he and Gustav get along. (Zach goes to get his new dog today-eeeek!)

    ReplyDelete