Thursday, May 13, 2010

Change has happened...

Everything culminated in a phone call in which I really don't remember what I said, but I remember the response. It was yesterday late afternoon with Melanie Kingston. I said something about work and her response was  something like "we're just going to have to pray for you a new job, no matter if you have a replacement or not."And the miracle of the situation; I heard and agreed, mostly. I hung up the phone and cried because I can no longer keep saying "well, when this person gets trained, then I'll get the work schedule I want." I've said that SO many times in the past year.  I could go on and on about all the changes pushed on me staring with three weeks into my maternity leave with my boss saying that I couldn't bring Steven into the office as promised BEFORE I was pregnant.

And then there's Chad's assignment changing. Its "supposed" to start next week with the DEA, but we're holding our breath because it was suppose to happen a few months ago. However whenever it happens, there's going to be a lot of over time. He's going to be really happy with it, but there's a lot of stuff at home that will need to get done that he's been doing.

So the decisions been made. I told my boss today. dunh, dunh, dunh...I'm moving to part time and if I work one minute over then I get over time. We're hiring a full time admin asst and I'm just going to do office manager stuff; like I should have been doing for a long time.  It's going to be difficult; I'm taking a huge pay cut. But can you pay for sanity?

I'm going to be looking for something else; at least part time to supplement and then maybe I'll cut back even more. This is a huge start for me to set a limit and I'm going to stick with it.

I'm excited about what's to come and what doors will open because of this decision.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you.
    You are doing what is right for your family.
    That's awesome.
    And it reminds me so much of myself.
    The longing to have the perfect amount of time for my family but money to make the bills.
    I wish you all the best in your new schedule!

    ReplyDelete