Friday, January 14, 2011

A male presence

When Chad is working nights it gets difficult for Steven and I when Steven doesn't see his daddy very much or at all some days.  Wednesday was one of those days where he only saw him in passing as he came in, ate lunch while Chad was awake, but was still asleep when Chad left for work.
Thursday afternoon when he woke up from his nap he was cranky and he usually isn't, so I knew it was going to be quite an evening if he didn't get to spend time with Chad before Chad left for work.  Now there's been lots of studies done that prove a male is less likely to "be a delinquent" if they have a positive male role model in their life.
So I asked Chad to make sure he spent a few minutes playing with Steven before he left for work.  After Chad left Steven went from telling me to "go, go" to having some of the sweetest time we have ever had.  He cuddled in bed with me, kept asking for kisses, talked for a long time, kept asking for If you're happy and you know it, and the list could go on.  I just think it's truly amazing the difference that can be made with a little male presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment